Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Privy

I have been awake since before four this morning and I will have to wake up tomorrow at the same hour. I have been awake for twelve hours, now. (The time stamp on all my blogs is off, for some reason it will say 1:45 when its 4:00; just to let you know, so you don't think I'm dumb.) I think, the less sleep I'm going on, the dryer my sense of humor becomes. Some people, perhaps most, do not understand it. I think normal people need a sarcastic tone to accompany a sarcastic remark in order for it to register. Thanks to Shawna, Leah and Annaleigh for getting me. (Yes, I just gave you a shout-out on my blog.) Now, without a transitional sentence, I will change subjects.
I dropped my phone in the toilet today. Amazingly, without even thinking, I reached in and grabbed it. I was able to save it with my hair dryer. Luckily it was my toilet, which is cleaned fairly often, about every three days. If you know me, you are shocked right now that I reached in the toilet with my bare hands. I am surprised, too. I'm glad I acted on instinct, without considering it or else I would be sans phone right now.
Here's what I learned from this event: I value communication and connection more than cleanliness. Huh, who knew? My head says, 'no way would I reach in there, not for anything' but my instinct, and perhaps my truer self, said 'risk it, for your link to many of the people you care about is in that toilet!' Interesting, I think I've had a breakthrough. Right there with my hand in the toilet I had a breakthrough. (Hmm, now there is something I thought I'd never hear myself say.)

No comments:

Post a Comment