Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hell hath no Fury...

So my husband brought home the new 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0, six speed today for lunch. I think I sinned lusting for it. We went for a quick drive around the neighborhood. Here's the thing; my car saw us leave. She was just sitting there in the driveway, watching helplessly as we left in this newer model. Poor Reina, (yes I gave my car a name and yes it is Reina.) How hurt and jealous she must have felt. I will have to reassure her that I still love her and I am not seeing other cars. It was just a ride around the block, nothing more. I am not replacing her. I can never let her know I would seriously consider trading her for the new car if the opportunity arose. What she doesn't know won't hurt, right? I do love her and I depend on her. We have a good relationship; we are comfortable with each other. I know when she gets cranky she doesn't like to signal turns when I push the lever down. Sometimes when she is cold she doesn't like to start. I'm okay with her flaws; I can even accept the fact that her clutch is getting a little stiff in her old age. She knows me really well, too. She knows I like to listen to music really loud and sing off tune. She knows that when I'm cranky I drive too fast. She has even accepted the fact that I have my two-year-old in the back, constantly kicking her in the seat. We have understanding and acceptance, the building blocks of a good relationship. It has taken time and no 5.0 could replace her, at least that's what I'll keep telling her. I suppose I'll make it up to her by buying her a couple gallons of premium and taking her out for a drive. She'll be allright, even if she's mad right now.

2 comments:

  1. Aww. At least she didn't get towed like Clyde because some punkass red car got jealous he was parking in "their" spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true, your car may never fully recover from the trauma. You have some serious trust issues to work out.

    ReplyDelete