Monday, September 6, 2010

Tick Tick Tick...

Why do I procrastinate? I don't understand. I am not a procrastinator. Sounds like terminator. Hey work, "I'll be back." I remember when I was a student at LCU; I never procrastinated. I need to go to the library and check out twenty books so I can learn as much as possible about the historical setting of Qohelet? Great, I'm on it! In fact, I was so excited I would skip lunch just to do this. (I know I joke often in this blog, but I am actually being serious. Yes, I am this much a nerd.) Anyways, why do I not do this with my nursing school homework? I feel like I could answer this and I might not like the response. Am I getting lazy? No, surely not. I still do all of the other things my life requires without a hitch. It seems my putting off is limited to homework. Do I really not like nursing? That can not be it. I love caring for patients and I find nursing fascinating. So, where is the disconnect? Why do I not have the enthusiasm for the homework? All weekend I have had for this 'concept map' and here I am on Monday afternoon, still un-started. Granted, I know my mind does not work this way. I hate drawing little bubbles with little puzzle pieces of information. Can't I just write an essay? (I'm aware of the fact that most of my fellow nursing students are saying something like 'are you crazy?' Perhaps, I would reply; perhaps.) I just don't want to do it. I wonder how much longer I can put it off? Hopefully I can break out of this procrastination funk, or at least root out the cause of it. I'll think about it later.

2 comments:

  1. I procrastinate like a crazy person too, even on things I WANT to do, which don't make no sense. At least you tend to do what you need to do eventually. I've gotten into the terrible habit of avoiding all forms of responsibility completely, and so be it should I get a bad grade on something. It's SEEEW unlike me. *shrug*

    The "tick tick tick" title intrigued me briefly. I hate the sound of ticking clocks, and I thought mayhaps you did too, and that was what you were going to write about. I hide Grandmother's ticking clocks every time I visit her house lest I should go nuts. I put them all back before I leave of course, but I can't stand the reptitive ticking sound following me into any room that I'm going to be spending more than 5 minutes in at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the metaphorical ticking clock in my head, telling me you have to get this done, now, now, now...
    The clock in the refrigerator thing was awesome, though.

    ReplyDelete