Sunday, September 26, 2010

One, Two, Three...

Have you seen the commercial on A&E for the show Obsessed? It is a woman counting and they make it seem so creepy. Why make it so? It's not creepy at all; in fact it's rather mundane. Let me clarify:
1-2-3 swipes of mascara on each of the three sections of my lashes, taps of my makeup brush, swipes of blush on my cheeks, spreads of mustard or mayo on a sandwich.
1-2-3-4 steps when I'm jogging and sometimes when I'm walking, presses of the 'end' button on my phone.
1-2-3-4-5 times round the outside of the glass with the rag, swirls of my brush in my face powder, dips of the brush into the mascara.
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 scrubs of the carpet with the brush and cleaner, scrubs of the clothes with the stain remover, scrubs of my teeth with the toothbrush, all eighteen sections, swishes of the water in the sink before I wash dishes, just for the heck of it, (eight seems to be my favorite count)
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 times round the inside of the glass, taps of the milk jug on the counter, rinses of the cap of the fabric softener, stirs of the soap in the washer.
See? There is nothing creepy about any of that (incomplete) list. C'mon A&E; I'm a little offended.

1 comment: