Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I See You

So, I would really like to complain about something but I feel like my blog may be too negative. Here's the thing, I can't keep worrying about whether or not someone might be offended or put off by my writing. Yes, I am publishing on the world wide web, but my readers are limited. I would assume that you know me if you are reading this. (If you don't hey, what's up; why are you reading my blog?) (And, in addition to my previous parenthesised statement I add this one: this is clearly not a blog I am writing to be taken in an extremely serious manner.) If you know me, then you know I'm not perfect. I try to understand people but I just don't understand this: why do people give dirty looks? You know, why glare at someone or roll your eyes at someone? Maybe I'm getting old but I think this is silly. What will you achieve with this tactic? Is it to make someone feel bad? I mean, its annoying, but my self esteem is not effected. Is it to tell someone you don't like them? You could just tell me; you won't hurt my feelings, honest. I don't need to be liked by everyone. Chances are I don't like you, either. That doesn't mean we can't be cordial and work together. I mean, there's no way you will like everyone you come across in life. We are all different. But, I'm not going to shoot you looks from across the room. Hmmm, I just don't know about this. Like I said, perhaps I am getting older because I remember in high school...wait, clearly its silly if I'm referring to high school. There are no excuses for dirty looks and anyone who gives them should just stop it. Then again, this is just my opinion. If you need to shoot looks at someone to make yourself feel better don't let me stop you, (like I actually could by writing a blog post). In fact I will do a 180 here and end by advising myself: don't let what someone else does bother you, no matter how silly it is. I'm glad we could have this talk; I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment