Saturday, August 28, 2010

Restoring Honor, (to whom?)

Today is August 28th. It is the 47th anniversary of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s I Have a Dream Speech. He delivered this speech from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. He changed the world with his message of love and tolerance.
This morning from those same steps Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin both delivered a speech. If you really know me then you know that I am disgusted by this. If you do not then I have just told you. I am sick. I feel sorrow and anger. This false prophet, Beck, is polluting a sacred anniversary. Beck said he feels it is, "divine providence," that his rally be held on this day. As a Christian I am grieved.
Below is a link with the I Have a Dream Speech. I dare you to make it all the way through without tears.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUtL_0vAJk

2 comments:

  1. i wonder if it's possible to listen to beck speech? i wonder what he said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the thing: His speech was all about turning back to God and praying and restoring America to the condition it was intended to be, whatever that is. It was creepy, like bad 'The End is Near' movies with an antichrist character. (Not a theological assertion and certainly not a prophetic one.) I think the video will be up on Beck's website sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete