Sunday, August 29, 2010

There's no Place like Home, There's no Place like Home...

So, we were outside all day. All day... We were at a small lake/pond type place fishing. Well, I was not fishing, of course. I was mostly watching my son push his stroller around, making sure I could see him at all times. I'm a lister, (it goes hand in hand with counting), and I was mentally compiling a list of reasons I don't like being outside:
1. It's hot outside in August
2. It's hot in the shade outside in August
3. There are flies outside
4. Flies land on everything, including my soda
5. I can no longer drink my soda once a fly has landed on it
6. Flies also land on barbecued chicken
7. I can no longer eat chicken if a fly lands on it
8. My kids can sunburn outside
9. There is dirt everywhere
10. There was dirt on my son's lollipop
11. My son continued to eat the lollipop even after the discovery of dirt on said lollipop
12. Outdoor restrooms are gross
13. There is generally no toilet paper in gross outdoor restrooms
14. I can not use a gross outdoor restroom which has no toilet paper
15. Pond/lakes that are outside have fish in them
16. My son and my daughter touch fish that are uncooked and still flopping around
17. There are not enough diaper wipes to keep children who are outside, touching flopping fish and eating dirty lollipos clean
These are just a few. (Perhaps camping is not a viable option for summer vacation next year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment