Thursday, August 19, 2010

Everything is Fine

So, I was vacuuming the floor and I really wanted to get the hose attachment and vacuum the edges, you know, around the baseboards. I did not because I only vacuum the edges on Fridays or Saturdays. Its one of my rules. I have a lot of rules. This rule, when I think about it is unique. Most of my rules are to control my environment. For example, when I pour the laundry detergent in the washer I will rinse the lid ten times. I do this in order to be sure that it is rinsed the same every time. (I am aware of the fact that this sounds ludicrous to the reader.) I tap the milk jug ten times before pouring my milk because I want to make sure that there are no little 'crusties' around the edge of the jug. I can't drink the milk if there is a chance of 'crusties.' I eat a banana with a fork because I don't want spit on my banana. I could do this all day... Well my vacuuming rule is different. As you can see, I overdo a few things. The lid of the detergent is sufficiently rinsed after two times. The other eight rinses are just for good measure. I don't vacuum the edges on Sunday through Thursday because I would do it everyday, to excess. So this rule is a balancing rule. It keeps my other excessive actions in check. It balances me- at least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

  1. OH LAWD. Control that environment! CONTROL IT!!

    At least you have a system down that works for you.

    Milk crusties are pretty gross, but if they happen... they happen. :P

    ReplyDelete