Thursday, April 7, 2011

Catharsis

I am so tired of underhanded selfishness. I am so tired of the people who are the ugliest to me coming from my own congregation. I'm sick and tired of lying and deceitfulness and sleaziness. Let me tell you a story: Once upon a time there was this jail minister. Let's call her Sally. She had been having a weekly service for about four years. One day these other women started having a jail service for the incarcerated women as well. There was this one young girl, about 22 years old, who was in jail. She was going to court to hear whether or not she would lose her children permanently. She asked these other women who were having a service on a different night from Sally to pray for this situation. These other women laid hands on her and "prophesied" that Jesus said that she would not lose her children. God would take care of it and he would give her her children because he loved her. This young woman was ecstatic to hear this good news. She shared this with Sally, who was a bit unnerved by the bold prophesy. At the end of the service Sally prayed for this young woman. While praying for the young woman, Sally felt she would not retain custody of her children. It was very difficult for Sally to tell this young woman that the former prayer by these other women may not be the truth. Well, the court day came and the young woman lost her children. She rejected God, feeling that he lied to her. Isn't that a sad story? Fortunately the women who "prophesied" over her are no longer doing jail ministry. Sally, on the other hand continues in her labors, remaining faithful to the truth. These other women committed this misstep in their ignorance. I can't sugar coat that. It was ignorance. The point of my story is that I have dealt with people who are in ministry for selfish reasons before. I fear history will repeat itself. Am I jealous? You better believe it! I am a jealous minister! I have been doing this for six years and I know what I am doing. I know what works, I know what doesn't. Please do not go behind my back and try to take something from me. Do not hurt my women! I care so much for them and truly love them. This is not about me; do not make this about you. Oh, and one last thing I'd like to say: Easy come, easy go. That is all, for now...

2 comments:

  1. From members of your own church... you know that's the part that gets me. That's just low. It's church! Clearly they go there... don't they listen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This far out, I've accepted it. What can I do? I've moved on from angry about it to just unhappy about it. It is sad, though, coming from my own church.

    ReplyDelete