Sunday, May 29, 2011

Resistance is Futile

Well, I graduated. I'm all done now. I'm a nurse, (still sounds foreign coming out of my mouth.) No more attending class, no more driving to school, no more reading textbooks, no more late-night studying... I know what you're thinking: That's wonderful, I bet you're so glad. Funny thing; I'm not. I mean, I am for now; for today. I know, however, that within a very short period of time I will be just itching to get back to all of the aforementioned tasks. I suppose I am happy but never satisfied when it comes to these things. Perhaps I have a problem. I am addicted to learning. I refuse to let myself go through withdrawals. I refuse to sit idle and marinate in front of a television when I could be reading. I cannot accept that I have reached some sort of plateau in my education. I'm afraid that if I go too long without challenging my mind I will lose the ability to do so. So, yes, yay, hooray, congratulations and such. However, all of this is tempered with the reality that I will never be finished with my academic pursuits. (Perhaps academia is pursuing me; I shall not resist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment