Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day. Everyone is going around hugging women and saying happy mother's day. Nothing wrong with that. We do want mothers to be happy on this day. We celebrate everything mothers have done for us; giving us life, caring for us; loving us. If we are mothers ourselves we think about when we were pregnant, how the baby grew and we felt him move. We think about labor and the pain we went through; the delivery and that indescribable feeling of holding the child for the first time. We think about watching the baby grow and the first smile, the first words, first steps. I'll never forget the first time I heard 'mommy' and 'I love you.' It melts my heart. I thank God everyday for giving me the precious children that I have.
Here's the thing. There are plenty of women out there who will never have the chance to be a mother. They will never hear the words 'happy mothers day' directed towards them. They will never be pregnant, never feel the baby move, never revel at the sight of the little heart on the ultrasound screen. They will never have a battle tale to tell about labor and delivery; never know the feeling of holding the baby for the first time. They will not have the first smile, steps, words. The little 'mommy, I love you' will never grace their ears. I want to remember these women on this Mothers Day. I pray God brings you comfort as you endure all the well-wishing this holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment