Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mothers

Thank God for mothers. I called my mom last night and I was very upset. My three year old is bringing the sequel to the 'terrible twos' with the 'extremely terrible threes.' Poor baby. Its not his fault, really. He just doesn't understand why mommy doesn't have a lot of time for him. He wants my attention so he gets it, whatever it takes. It breaks my heart. I hate disciplining him. I feel like I'm the one who needs punishing. Pay attention to your child! What kind of mother are you? This is how I feel. Anyways, I called my mom.
"It will be ok, you are doing this for his good. He just doesn't understand." I know school is important but so are my kids. I know this is for my kids future. I want them to go to college. I want more opportunity for them. Try explaining all this to a three year old. So I was trying so hard to study yesterday to no avail. He and his sister are not getting along. He's turning the t.v. on and off. My sanity is slowly slipping. I am so overwhelmed. I call my mom.
"I'm going to fail my test on Monday. This is impossible." I am defeated.
"It's going to be ok, I will come and help you this weekend." I feel better. My hope lifts. I am more patient with my children. I study after he falls asleep. Maybe it will be ok. I can do this; hope is rising.
Thank God for mothers.

2 comments:

  1. Don't know if this will make you feel better, but the Terrible Twos evolved into the Extremely Terrible Threes with both of my older ones, without me being in school. Don't take too much of it on yourself - sometimes these childhood phases are inevitable, no matter what. The blessing is, they too shall pass!

    Hang in there,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually does make me feel a little better. Thanks Denise. Your kind words always lift me up.
    -Sharina

    ReplyDelete