Monday, October 11, 2010

Thank God it's Monday

Wow, I had a very eventful weekend. Friday I was sure I would study all day but I had been equally sure Wednesday night I would complete my care map for OB. Then Thursday I was certain I would start my care map. So Friday I did start my care map and finish almost all. So I formulated a new plan: Study late into the night, (early into the morning), Friday, finish my care map Saturday and study the remainder of the day and study all day Sunday. So Friday night came along and my daughter had an asthma attack so severe that I took her to the ER. She is doing better now, not great, but better. So I took the book I was reading with me to the hospital. Let me tell you, the irony of studying asthma in children while waiting for my daughter to return from X-ray is not missed on me. Sooo, no studying of any significance Friday night. Saturday came along and my daughter, being exhausted from the events Friday, slept all day Saturday. I'm glad she rested but that left me hard-pressed to get any studying done. I did play trains and read books about counting and colors, though. So, new plan: commence freaking out. I have done no studying and the care map is still not done! So, Sunday I skipped church to sleep in so I could stay up late to study. This morning at 1:30 was as good as it was going to get.
Well, anytime I have a challenge I like to learn from it. So let me consider any lessons learned...
1. Asthma is awful, really.
2. It is scary to see your child sick, really scary.
3. Eosinophils are the marker for both an asthma and allergy attack.
4. I can cram an extraordinary amount of information into my brain in a short amount of time, (the staying power of this information to be evaluated at a later date...)
5. A care map looks fantastic with the use of a ruler.
6. Seeing my daughter rest peacefully and playing trains with my son is so worth it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment