Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Ah, Fall; my favorite time of year! I'm thinking about why I love it so much and it has occurred to me that perhaps it is because we have so many similarities. Let me mention a few to illustrate my point:
Fall weather is just right. It's not too sunny but not too cold. That's like me, on a good day. Well, I've never actually been accused of being sunny, now that I think about it...
Here, in West Texas, the weather is so unpredictable in the Autumn. Ok, well I'm fairly predictable but I like to imagine I'm not. I think my husband might argue that my moods are fairly unpredictable, but it might lead to an actual argument, so he might not.
The plants start pruning themselves in Fall. I'm all about this process. I feel so good when I clear things out. I don't keep things I don't use; I could make a trip a week to the local charity with donations. I hate clutter, which I think is anything that serves no foreseeable purpose. I also have no qualms about cleaning out my facebook friends list. (In fact, right now I have 102 friends, which is two over my limit. Sorry, two people will have to go.) I have only a few true friends because I like my distance. I'm really good at 'pruning' out potential relationships with strategic statements like, "well, I'll pray for you" and "you need to find someone you can trust to talk to." So, when I see leaves falling off the tree, I say to the tree, 'I totally understand.'
Well, one out of three, but Fall is still my favorite.

3 comments:

  1. "Ok, well I'm fairly predictable but I like to imagine I'm not. I think my husband might argue that my moods are fairly unpredictable, but it might lead to an actual argument, so he might not."

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really say that to trees? Like... all of them? You'd be at it ALL DAY if you came to visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing I live in West Texas; although, I could live somewhere with evergreens, but then I wouldn't understand them...

    ReplyDelete