Sunday, February 20, 2011

We Believe That We Shall Also Live With Him

I'm sorry, what were you saying? I cannot hear you because I am analyzing your theology.
Will it always be this way? I am forever ruined to the beauty I used to find in a sermon? Yes, yes, yes, salvation. Right. Well that is a very good exposition on the doctrine of justification. But, where is the participation? I can't hear anything else you say now because I am completely caught on this half definition of salvation. Is "church" completely ruined for me now? Could you imagine if I attended Sunday school? That would certainly be interesting...
I can't listen to Christian music the way i used to either. I can't do the 'oh wait til heaven' stuff. Earth is terrible and this life is horrid but in heaven everything will be great. Alright, but isn't that kind of missing the entire point of serving Christ? Which part of life abundant means death? I don't understand. Well I do but I'm being facetious. I just feel like participation, concerning salvation is mostly overlooked in Christian music. Contemporary Christian music, anyways.
So, would everyone who wishes to talk about God please include all of salvation in their discussion before talking to, singing to, preaching to me? I'm kidding but it would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment