Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Perfection of Nothing

A blank page with a blinking cursor; such a sign of hope. This page can be anything. This page could be nothing. Something of great significance or merely a passing moment between reader and writer. I could fill it with anything, a journey, a moment, a struggle. I could convey my life or perhaps some other life; who knows. Do I even know? I could be honest or intentionally deceitful, all is fair in writing. Do I even know the difference? Do you?
There is much hope in a blank page. There is great beauty in an uncommitted space. It can still be anything. The possibilities are limitless. It is still like a child, full of hope and untainted by the cruelty of the world. It is still free. An unspoken thought or idea holds much potential. It can change the world. It is still full of hope, uncriticized, unmocked. It has no bounds, no limits. It is not confined within our frameworks, with our words.
Perhaps the words that will fill this page will change me. I am changing now, writing these words, filling this page. Manifesting that which was not. I am a creator. I am the lord of this space, these thoughts, this potential. You are changing, too. Can you feel it? Do you feel the potential? You can create, as well. Create your own world within these words. Your potential is unhindered. What is it to you? Who are you to it? These things are one in the same. You have joined me on this journey. You are with me in this moment. Are you struggling with me, as well?
Here we are in this moment, creating a world within words. The power of the potential is intoxicating. Emotions run free. The idea is alive, still unspoken, still unwritten. We carry it together. It is created between us. I relish this moment, unhindered, unchained. It is still nothing, anything, everything. I begin the moment where I end it, in the beginning. I struggle, I write, I am.

1 comment:

  1. You're so brilliant I hardly even have words to convey how brilliant you really are.

    ReplyDelete