Wednesday, February 2, 2011

People Helped

I'd be willing to bet that not too many people in Minnesota or Wisconsin drive Mustangs. You want to know why I think that?
This morning I dropped off my daughter at school and made it not half a block and found my car snowbound. This experience was, initially, really scary. My fear was quickly replaced by embarrassment. 'Hey look at me. The idiot with the snow-banked Mustang.' Seriously though, Mustangs are not designed for snow driving. Oh, I learned something new today: It is near impossible to 'rock' a standard out of snow. I did not know that. So, I'm sitting there in my car wondering how I'm going to fix this, wondering how I'm going to make it to school on time and this really interesting thing started happening.
People helped me. And not just a few. People, none of whom I knew, helped me. There was a lady and her teen-aged daughter who helped another man try to push my car back. There was the man who tried to talk me through rocking my car out of the snow. Then there was the volunteer fireman and his passenger who pulled up behind me, put his fireman lights on, hooked my car up to some cables and pulled my car out with his truck. Amazing.
The goodness of humanity never ceases to amaze me. It was cold, -2 degrees with a windchill in the -20's. It was snowing. Nevertheless, people helped. Thank you God for creating such goodness when you created man.

No comments:

Post a Comment