Sunday, June 8, 2014

Run, Run

So, I ran a mile today. Without stopping.  No big deal to most people but to a big girl like me it's an accomplishment.  I've been working up to it for some time; running parts but walking in between.  I love to run and  now that I can finally run a mile again I will start to call myself a runner.  No, I won't, but it felt good writing that.  Running is a chance for me to clear my mind.  That being said, here is a quick recap of my internal monologue tonight during my mile trek.
Ok, here I go.  Run, run. Hey this feels good. Good pace. Run, run.  Good song.  I like Maroon Five.  Glad I bought this Ipod.  Glad I have a fourteen year old who can fix my Ipod.  Run, run.  Still doing well.  Glad I have this music on so I can't hear my heavy breathing.  I think that psyches me out, hearing my breathing like a dog in the heat of summer.  Run, run. Should I stop?  No, keep going.  Run, run.  This song is not a good running song.  It makes me a little sad; 'talking to the moon.'  Keep pace. Run, run.  Should I stop?  No keep going.  Run, run.  Second wind, maybe; hopefully.  Run, run.  I want to walk.  Don't. Run, run.  Better song; Smashing Pumpkins.  Run, run.  'Be the change you want to be.' Who said that?  Was that Billy Blanks or Dahli Lama?  I can't remember.  Run, run.  You know what I need right now?  I need that Nike commercial; hard work.  Can I just play that ad on my Ipod? Am I the target audience of that ad?  What was the product?  Shoes, maybe.  I suppose I might be the target audience.  I love shoes.  Run, run.  Or is it a Gatorade commercial?  I don't drink much Gatorade, but if I could sweat neon orange I might.  Run, run.  Paseo Circle. Oh my gosh, I'm almost done.  Should I stop?  No, I've come this far.  Run, run. Keep pace.  I must look ridiculous; this big girl, desperately attempting to put one foot in front of the other, panting away.  Run, run.  Almost home.  I'm proud of myself.  I want to die, also. Run, run.  DONE!!!!!
A whole mile, (which, I am aware is not a marathon or anything,) and my deepest thought was shoes.  Ah, it's good to run!

2 comments:

  1. I like it in our life it seems that's all we do is run.but at the end of the day it is all worth it.I wish my fat ass could do that,I started walking and I can't even make a mile yet.but I know if I keep it up I'll get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your comment, Mary. Are you still walking?

    ReplyDelete